A while ago I went on holidays to Orlando, USA. Ofcourse I did some foodshopping and brought back chocolate chips and toffee bits since we can not buy them here as far as I know. I looked at other recipes on the internet and created my own. I will show you the step-by-step process.
Let’s get started!
Preheat oven to 175 C, line 3 baking sheets with parchement paper.
You will need…
- 2¼ (350 g) cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup (225 g) butter
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips / toffee bits (1½ cups chocolate chips, ½ cup toffee bits)
- Preheat oven to 175 C, line 3 baking sheets with parchement paper.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the flat beater, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the vanilla and eggs and beat until incorporated. Reduce speed to low, add the flour mixture and beat until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl occasionally. Using a rubber spatula, stir in the chocolate/toffee chips.
- Shape the dough into balls and place them on the baking sheet.
- Bake on 175 C degrees for 15 minutes.