When I came back from the cinema at midnight I was hungry. (doh) So I went on making this mug cake recipe which I saw a couple of days earlier. I can tell you, it’s great. So easy and fast and it really tastes like cake!
Okay I failed making it the first time….
I didn’t read good enough haha, this is what happens if you put 2 servings into one container and start microwaving it. XD
Also made a crêpe cake, will write about it another time!
Lets see what you need…
Here’s the recipe (adapted from cookingandme.com)
Made it a little less sweet and more chocolaty.
- 4 tbsp flour
- 3 tbsp sugar (white or brown)
- 2 and a little bit more tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp milk
- 3 tablespoons butter (or any neutral oil)
- A pinch of salt (if using unsalted butter)
- 2 drops of vanilla extract (optional)
- Get your hands on two microwave safe coffee mugs that can hold about 250ml liquid.
- Add flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt and sugar into a mug. Mix well with a fork.
- Then add milk, butter, and vanilla in to the mug. Break egg into another small bowl, whisk with a fork and add the mug. Stir well until all the ingredients mix well. Make sure there is no flour stuck to the bottom of the mug. Then pour or scoop out halve the batter into another mug. (You could also make three mug cakes, they will be medium size)
- Add one mug at a time into the microwave and cook on medium heat for 2 mins. I microwaved mine at 600W for 1:50 min. Every microwave is different so cooking time may differ a little bit.
- Let it cool down for a couple of minutes, otherwise you WILL burn your tounge.