Tiramisu is a simple and delicious dessert. My mom got this recipe a long time ago from a, I believe, Italian colleague. Over the years we heaven’t been meassure things for this recipe, but tasted instead. You should give this easy recipe a try!
Serves: 4 or 5 glasses with 3 layers or 15cm x 24cm 2-layer tiramisu
- 150 ml Coffee
- 3 tbs amaretto
- 1 egg
- 250 gr mascarpone cheese
- 2½ tbs powdered sugar
- 75 gr dark chocolate
- 2 tbs heavy cream
- 175 gr ladyfingers
- Make 150ml coffee and let it cool down. After it has cooled, add 3 tbs of amaretto, more or less, depending on your taste, to the coffee. (I used Disaronno)
- Beat 1 egg until pale yellow, then add the mascarpone and mix with a spatula until well blended. Add 2½ tbs powdered sugar to the mixture.
- To make the chocolate less hard, melt 75 gr of chocolate with 2 tbs heavy cream.
- Now you can assemble your tiramisu. First start by dipping the ladyfingers in the coffee and make the first layer. After that you will add a layer of mascarpone, then a layer of chocolate. Then you add another layer of ladyfingers dipped in coffee and a layer of mascarpone. When you are making a 2-layer tiramisu, you stop here. If you are making a higher tiramisu you will add more layers of chocolate, ladyfingers and mascarpone. (you just need to end with a layer of mascarpone)
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge. Dust some cocoa powder on top before serving.
tip: tastes even better after 24h in the fridge