These are the panda cookies I made with my cousin when we were making panda bread. It was very fun, and challenging, to make these. They are super cute and tasty. Read on for more on how to make them and pictures.
I’m in Bangkok, Thailand right now and eating a lot of good food These cookies I made a while ago together with the panda bread. I didn’t have time to post them yet, as the internet was not very fast in the previous place. Will post about Thailand when I am back in Holland.
You start by making logs, these logs will be put together to make the head and body. It’s most practical to make the head and body separate from each other and put together later. I didn’t make photo’s of each step, but you can find more pictures of the process here.
Upside down panda waiting to go in the freezer.
- 120 gram butter
- 50 gram sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 90 gram cake flour
- 80 gram cake flour + 10 gram cocoa
- Beat the butter and sugar with electric mixer until creamy.
- Add the egg yolk and mix.
- Divide mixture in two and place in separate bowls.
- Add 90 gram cake flour to one bowl and 80 gram cake flour + 10 gram cocoa to the other bowl. Mix in.
- Assemble the panda. If the dough is too soft place in fridge to cool.
- After your panda is done, wrap in plastic wrap and place in freezer for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 175℃.
- Cut the cookies with a very sharp knife in thin slices.
- Place on baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool down completely. If you want to transfer the cookies to a cooling rack, be careful. They are very brittle.