Two years ago I made jam filled cookies for the first time. Those were thumb cookies, very easy also but these are even easier because piping the dough is faster than molding by hand. These cookies are not really sweet themselves, the sweetness has to come from the jam. I’m not sure how to call these, I’ll just go with filled squeeze cookies.
As I already said, these cookies are easy to make. You don’t need a mixer for these, a whisk is all you need! Oh, and a piping bag to make them look nice. Of course you could also make them by putting a spoonful of dough on your baking sheet. You can make a lot of different ones at the same time if you use different kind of jams. This time I used raspberry jam, next time I want to try pineapple and strawberry jam. I also want to try it Nutella. I think that would be a great cookie!
Like Hungry At Midnight on Facebook and stay updated!
- 80g flour
- 20g cornstarch
- 40g powdered sugar
- 60g butter
- 1 egg yolk (room temperature)
- 1 tbsp milk (room temperature)
- vanilla extract
- Melt the butter 30 seconds on 600W.
- Whisk the butter until it has a mayonnaise like texture.
- Combine milk with egg yolk and a couple drops of vanilla extract and whisk.
- Add little by little and whisk to incorporate.
- Then sift in the flour, cornstarch and powdered sugar.
- With a spatula, stir until it has combined.
- Preheat your oven to 175 °C.
- Transfer dough to piping bag with a star tip and pipe circles with a border to hold the jam.
- Take some jam and heat for 20 seconds on 600W in the microwave. Add jam to the centers of the cookies.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes on 175 °C.