These are bacon onion muffins topped with some black pepper. I made them quite a while ago. They are great as snacks or part of your lunch.
Sorry I haven’t posted anything last week! I’m so super busy these days.. Today is monday so it can count as last week’s post right?
I wanted to make a snack for in between meals. I really like the savory bread rolls which I made a couple of times, but sometimes you simply do not have time or patience to make bread dough. So muffins are a great alternative. Much quicker!
I didn’t use cheese or corn in these muffins, but the next time I’ll try adding that! It tastes great in the bread rolls so it can’t go wrong.. right?
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 60g olive oil
- 50g milk
- 150g flour
- 6g baking powder
- ½ chopped onion
- 5 chopped strips of bacon, keep a little for decoration on top
- Fry the bacon and onion in a pan until tender, then transfer onto a paper towel and leave to cool.
- Preheat oven to 180 °C.
- In a bowl, add salt and eggs and whisk a little bit. Add the olive oil and milk and give it a stir.
- Combine the flour and baking powder and sift into the bowl and incorporate.
- Add the bacon and onion and mix in.
- Grease muffin pan with some olive oil and scoop batter into the pan.
- Top off with bacon and ground black pepper.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.