Valentine’s day is coming up, so here are some cookies you could make for your loved ones. You could make these as just regular heart cookies, hearts with two colors or as sandwich cookies. Or no heart shape at all. Of course.
I made a couple sandwich cookies and put Nutella in between. They are so good You could also make chocolate ganache to put in between them, but Nutella is just fine and very tasty.
- 50g white sugar
- 60g butter
- one egg yolk
- couple drops of vanilla extract
- 110g all purpose flour
- 30g ground almond
- Whisk the sugar and butter until soft and fluffy.
- Add one egg yolk and vanilla extract and whisk until incorporated.
- Add the flour and ground almond to the mixture and mix until a dough forms.
- Divide the dough in two equal parts and color one part red (or other color of choice).
- Wrap both doughs in plastic and leave in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Preheat your oven to 175ºC/350ºF.
- Roll the dough with a rolling pin (about 3 or 4 mm) and use a big and small heart cutter to cut out hearts from both colors. Swap the little hearts for a duo-tone heart cookie.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for about 10 minutes on 175ºC/350ºF.