Millefeuille is a traditional French pastry. I believe the English speaking world knows it as a Napoleon. Traditionally, a millefeuille consists of three layers of puff pastry and in between those layers, two layers of pastry cream. There are many variations of the traditional one with fruits, chocolate, caramel or anything really. I enjoy eating millefeuille, I like the crisp buttery layers of puff pastry in combination with the cream. yummm. The traditional way of making this pastry takes a lot of time, here is a quick and simple version for you!
All posts in Desserts
Hey there! I’m back home and I have been baking a lot for my birthday, a bbq and some cake orders. Last Friday we had a BBQ with the neighbors and I made this summery dacquoise cake for dessert. A dacquoise cake is made of whipped egg whites, sugars, almond and flour. I think it tastes quite like a macaron shell, as it has the same ingredients. You should try it!
I wanted mousse, coffee mousse, so I made it. I found a recipe online that looked awesome, so I tried it. The mousse was very nice and I really enjoyed eating it. The only downside of making this is that you have to be somewhat patient, but it was worth it! So do try.
Tiramisu is a simple and delicious dessert. My mom got this recipe a long time ago from a, I believe, Italian colleague. Over the years we heaven’t been meassure things for this recipe, but tasted instead. You should give this easy recipe a try!
- 150 ml Coffee
- 3 tbs amaretto
- 1 egg
- 250 gr mascarpone cheese
- 2½ tbs powdered sugar
- 75 gr dark chocolate
- 2 tbs heavy cream
- 175 gr ladyfingers
- Make 150ml coffee and let it cool down. After it has cooled, add 3 tbs of amaretto, more or less, depending on your taste, to the coffee. (I used Disaronno)
- Beat 1 egg until pale yellow, then add the mascarpone and mix with a spatula until well blended. Add 2½ tbs powdered sugar to the mixture.
- To make the chocolate less hard, melt 75 gr of chocolate with 2 tbs heavy cream.
- Now you can assemble your tiramisu. First start by dipping the ladyfingers in the coffee and make the first layer. After that you will add a layer of mascarpone, then a layer of chocolate. Then you add another layer of ladyfingers dipped in coffee and a layer of mascarpone. When you are making a 2-layer tiramisu, you stop here. If you are making a higher tiramisu you will add more layers of chocolate, ladyfingers and mascarpone. (you just need to end with a layer of mascarpone)
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge. Dust some cocoa powder on top before serving.