I wanted mousse, coffee mousse, so I made it. I found a recipe online that looked awesome, so I tried it. The mousse was very nice and I really enjoyed eating it. The only downside of making this is that you have to be somewhat patient, but it was worth it! So do try.
All posts tagged dessert
This is the first time I made something with blackberries. It may also have been the first time eating them but I’m not sure. My dad bought them at the local market for super cheap and since we had a barbecue with the neighbours I was asked to make something with them. As I was looking for recipes and ideas for things to make with blackberries, I noticed that the combination blackberries with lime is made often. It sounded nice so I made a blackberry lime pie.
Swiss roll cakes are very common in chinese bakeries, but I don’t like those most of the time. The cake is plain cake and the filling is butter cream. I’m not a fan of butter cream, I think it ‘s too heavy. Other than in chinese bakeries, I don’t see swiss rolls in stores or bakeries here.
Tiramisu is a simple and delicious dessert. My mom got this recipe a long time ago from a, I believe, Italian colleague. Over the years we heaven’t been meassure things for this recipe, but tasted instead. You should give this easy recipe a try!
- 150 ml Coffee
- 3 tbs amaretto
- 1 egg
- 250 gr mascarpone cheese
- 2½ tbs powdered sugar
- 75 gr dark chocolate
- 2 tbs heavy cream
- 175 gr ladyfingers
- Make 150ml coffee and let it cool down. After it has cooled, add 3 tbs of amaretto, more or less, depending on your taste, to the coffee. (I used Disaronno)
- Beat 1 egg until pale yellow, then add the mascarpone and mix with a spatula until well blended. Add 2½ tbs powdered sugar to the mixture.
- To make the chocolate less hard, melt 75 gr of chocolate with 2 tbs heavy cream.
- Now you can assemble your tiramisu. First start by dipping the ladyfingers in the coffee and make the first layer. After that you will add a layer of mascarpone, then a layer of chocolate. Then you add another layer of ladyfingers dipped in coffee and a layer of mascarpone. When you are making a 2-layer tiramisu, you stop here. If you are making a higher tiramisu you will add more layers of chocolate, ladyfingers and mascarpone. (you just need to end with a layer of mascarpone)
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge. Dust some cocoa powder on top before serving.