I have arrived in France. Everything has been typical French since my arrival. I don’t understand what the people are saying, things are expensive, I have gotten more paperwork in these couple of days than in the past year and I see people walking around with baguettes in their hands. Those baguettes they are carrying are not packaged. No no, they hold it with a napkin. Apparently that’s normal. I’ll try to make photo’s next time, it was already dark out when I saw those people. :p
Today I had to go to the bank and afterwards we walked past La Grande Epicerie De Paris. I think this is the nicest supermarket I have ever been to! I had a baguette Parissien(I think) which consisted of a light brown baguette, butter, ham, cheese and a pickle. The photo above was my lunch.
Anyway, school is starting real soon. Lot’s of things are going to change and I’m excited. My pastry life will begin!
I have some resolutions for the coming year or so. This is for you guys to read, but also for myself to track what I did and when.
For the blog:
- Photograph everything I create at Ferrandi
- Blog about it at least weekly
- Make a food (at least pastry) diary of what I ate
- Eat all the pastry I want but without getting fat, so working out (and staying healthy) is a must
- Get to know Paris very well
- Speak French at least at a basic level
- Go to Disneyland
- Have lots of fun
- Learn drinking wine